With the rapid proliferation of data privacy laws, businesses are realizing the importance of having a Privacy Officer (PO) from both a branding and compliance perspective, as consumers and employees alike are demanding data handling practices that protect their privacy rights and safeguard their personal information. Similarly, data protection authorities are stepping up their enforcement of the rapidly emerging and evolving data privacy laws and regulations in the US and around the globe. Advisori POs support our clients in achieving these goals by assessing, advising on, and implementing effective and compliant data protection and privacy programs.
First, we take the time to understand our clients and their needs. We start with identifying:
- All relevant stakeholders (privacy, security, legal, marketing, sales, etc.),
- How personal information is collected (websites, applications, etc.),
- Where personal information is collected (the U.S., EEA, China, etc.),
- What categories and types of personal information are collected (for example, sensitive personal information),
- The business reason for collecting the personal information and the legal basis allowing such collection,
- The data systems housing personal information (structured and unstructured databases, data lakes, etc.),
- Personal information data flows and transfers (within the US, from the EEA to third countries, etc.), and
- What safeguards are in place to protect personal information from loss, unauthorized access, or alteration (technical and operational measures and legal - data protection agreements, EU Standard Contractual Clauses, etc.).
Using the intelligence gathered during our assessment process, we offer advice and guidance on the following:
Our Privacy Officers can implement our prescribed remediation plan or assist our client’s internal teams in doing so by:
- Creating or updating existing internal privacy policies and external privacy notices,
- Installing and managing our Cookie Consent Management platform to ensure full compliance with cookie consent notice and preference requirements),
- Installing and managing our Data Subject Access Request (“DSAR”) portal for compliant data-subject validation, personal information retrieval and packaging, and secure delivery,
- Performing system-wide data discovery, mapping, and categorization,
- Developing an accurate, legally compliant, and real-time Article 30 report,
- Building an effective incident response and reporting program, and
- Dealing with customer and regulatory inquiries and complaints.
Discover the benefits of a Privacy Officer.By following our proven methodology, our clients have the assurance of an effective data protection and privacy program that will satisfy their customers and privacy regulators.
Don’t wait to get started.
Reach out to our team to learn more.